A wonderful letter from a conference planner who discusses the audience’s feedback about motivational speaker Derek Clark’s powerful and inspiring keynote!
Thank you so much for your participation at the 2014 Texas Child Care Administrators Conference, It Starts with Us: Paving the Way for Our Children’s Future, held in San Antonio last month.
This year’s conference hosted a record-breaking 727 nonprofit leaders and child care administrators from around Texas providing them with valuable networking opportunities and training on working with children and youth removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect.
Your keynote, The Spirit of a Child: From Rejection to Connection to Direction, was very well received with your average overall score of 5 out of 5.
Respondents’ comments included:
• Awesome, excellent, inspirational, outstanding, powerful, motivating, enlightening, amazing, captivating, great
• Best motivating keynote ever.
• Fantastic combination of storytelling and wise advice about how to understand and connect with children from hard places.
• This was an awesome training. To better understand youth and children in care from the perspective of a former child in care that rose above what he was labeled.
• Loved his music!
• Thank you for reminding us why we do what we do.
• Interesting, informative and entertaining
• Derek is the best and I have a new appreciation for rap!
• Thank you Derek for being willing to share and be so vulnerable. Bless you a thousand times for your miraculous gift to the world!
• Great story and great reminder of the reality of human connection and its power to heal.
• Derek was completely what we all need a reminder of – it only takes one foster family to make a difference!
• You are a blessing and a breath of fresh air as a reminder of why we do this extremely difficult work!
• Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us that all kids can connect when given the opportunity.
• His sharing made him human and admirable.
• Amazing story. I could relate to his foster mom and got some comfort for my own foster son.
• The presenter is amazing.
• Very powerful.
• Great examples from personal experience. He speaks to the heart about real life situations and actions.
• The most inspirational speaker I’ve ever seen!
• Thank you for recharging my batteries!
• Renewed my passion for working with kids.
• I really appreciate the take-aways we can now apply to our work and our own personal lives. Loved the quotes.
• All foster kids would benefit from his work.
• Great inspiring stories of words of wisdom that I can use with my kids.
Thank you again for helping to make this conference one of the largest and most informative for Texas child care administrators. We hope to see you again soon!
If you are looking for an inspiring motivational speaker, consider hiring motivational speaker Derek Clark for your next conference, training or event! Here is a little background information on motivational and inspirational speaker Derek Clark.
Derek Clark’s life is one of resilience and redemption. As a child he suffered unthinkable child abuse, abandonment and emotional distress before being turned over to the psychiatric hospital at age five. His thirteen years in the San Francisco bay area foster care system reflected an early life of humiliation, aggression, emotional distress, overwhelming anxiety and being wrongfully labeled.
Psychiatric reports stated that at the age of five years old, Derek had severe behavioral problems. Neurological reports stated that at six years old, he had the IQ of a two year old and diagnosed him with erratic psychosis. Having also been misdiagnosed as mentally handicapped and having numerous emotional and language difficulties, Derek never gave up.
With amazing help from his foster parents, a great social worker and mentors, he has defied the artificial limitations imposed upon him. Derek knows firsthand how to cope with adversity and overcoming hardship. His past has never held him back from accomplishing what he set his heart and mind to. From owning a very successful corporation to having a family, his maxim is to make no excuses.
Derek is an inspiring speaker/trainer, featured on CNN Headline News, The Ricki Lake Show and The Steve Harvey TV Show. Google ranks Derek the #1 “inspiring motivational speaker” out of 1 million listings and also ranks #1 for “stories about never giving up” out of 170 million listings. He is the author of six books including “Never Limit Your Life” “Disable The Label” and the “I Will Never Give Up” book series.
As a speaker, author and singer/songwriter, Derek has spoken and performed his music from Australia to Canada including a President of the United States. His true-life trials and personal triumphs have inspired organizations with his message of hope and unwavering perseverance.
His maxim is to make no excuses. He has turned his situation from a victim to a victor, equipping him with the wisdom and the will to never give up.
To find out more about Derek Clark and his inspiring programs, visit www.IWillNeverGiveUp.com