Thank you so much for your wonderful keynote presentation! It was the best keynote that we’ve had in years and we’ve had some great ones!!! – Arkansas Counseling Association
Thank you so much for being the keynote for our conference. From the evaluations, your presentation was the highlight of the conference. Many were touched by your story and your success. They felt very honored that you would come and speak to them. Many of them commented that they were inspired to continue to reach out and not let go of that “difficult” teen or child. It was an honor to meet you and have you among us. Thanks again and much continued success to you. – University of Alabama
Thank you for your inspiring presentation. Many of our evaluations gave your presentation a perfect score! Your more than stellar evaluation is completely unprecedented in the history of our conference!
What you taught us was childhood trauma and suffering does not provide us with an excuse for our problems. It gives the origins of our problems but not relieving us of the responsibility to understand and to improve ourselves. Do not blame those from the past, but use the insight to refocus on the good effects to free ourselves from its harmful ones. What a wonderful message, spoken by such a unique, and humble person as yourself.- Dr. Jackson
You saved a life today
Derek Clark, you seriously were the best keynote speaker I have ever heard!
Thank you so much for your participation at the Texas Child Care Administrators Conference, It Starts with Us: Paving the Way for Our Children’s Future, held in San Antonio last month.
This year’s conference hosted a record-breaking 727 nonprofit leaders and child care administrators from around Texas providing them with valuable networking opportunities and training on working with children and youth removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect.
Your keynote, The Spirit of a Child: From Rejection to Connection to Direction, was very well received with your average overall score of 5 out of 5.
Respondents’ comments included:
• Awesome, excellent, inspirational, outstanding, powerful, motivating, enlightening, amazing, captivating, great
• Best motivating keynote ever.
• Fantastic combination of storytelling and wise advice about how to understand and connect with children from hard places.
• This was an awesome training. To better understand youth and children in care from the perspective of a former child in care that rose above what he was labeled.
• Loved his music!
• Thank you for reminding us why we do what we do.
• Interesting, informative and entertaining
• Derek is the best and I have a new appreciation for rap!
• Thank you Derek for being willing to share and be so vulnerable. Bless you a thousand times for your miraculous gift to the world!
• Great story and great reminder of the reality of human connection and its power to heal.
• Derek was completely what we all need a reminder of – it only takes one foster family to make a difference!
• You are a blessing and a breath of fresh air as a reminder of why we do this extremely difficult work!
• Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us that all kids can connect when given the opportunity.
• His sharing made him human and admirable.
• Amazing story. I could relate to his foster mom and got some comfort for my own foster son.
• The presenter is amazing.
• Very powerful.
• Great examples from personal experience. He speaks to the heart about real life situations and actions.
• The most inspirational speaker I’ve ever seen!
• Thank you for recharging my batteries!
• Renewed my passion for working with kids.
• I really appreciate the take-aways we can now apply to our work and our own personal lives. Loved the quotes.
• All foster kids would benefit from his work.
• Great inspiring stories of words of wisdom that I can use with my kids.
Thank you again for helping to make this conference one of the largest and most informative for Texas child care administrators. We hope to see you again soon!
Texas Alliance of Child and Family Services
Get all latest content delivered to your email a few times a month. Updates and news about all categories will send to you.